The Lake Ouachita Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Nursery Pond is located to the west across the lake form the Corps Of Engineers
in Campbell Hollow.
Construction was completed in 1971. It covers 26 acres.
Maximum discharge into the south fork area of Lake Ouachita is 1129 cubic feet per second.
Gates allow the pond to collect rainfall runoff in winter. In early spring
the pond accumulates food sources.
The fingerlings feed until the minnows are exhausted and drain directly into the lake in early July.
As of 2012 the nursery pond is in a 3 year fish crop rotation.
In 2010 - 200,000 walleye fingerlings were stocked from the nursery pond into lake Ouachita.
Striped Bass are no longer released via the nursery pond.