For up to date information fishing Reports on Lake Ouachita call 1-800-ASK-FISH.
Current Fishing Report.
Lake Ouachita Fish Spawning Temperatures.
Lake Ouachita Fish Species:
Daily Limit = The total limit of a certain fish species
that may be taken in 1 day.
Possession Limit: Double the
Possession Limit is the total limit of a certain fish species
that is in your possession at any time, whether on your person or stored in
another location. Fish and wild game (other than migratory game birds) that
have been processed and stored at a residence do not count toward a person’s
residence is defined as a house or house trailer that is permanently in
place and is owned, leased or rented by an individual;
It does not
include mobile travel trailers, tents, vehicles or temporary rental units
(motels, lodges, cabins, resorts, etc.).
Lake Ouachita Specific Daily Fish Limits:
- Striped Bass 3 Three
No size limit.
Consider limiting the number
of released fish when the surface water temperature exceeds 75 degrees.
Also consider limiting released fish from July-October on the deep, clear
water lakes such as Lake Ouachita.
It is Illegal to waste the
edible portion of fish or wildlife. page 29 of 2016 Arkansas Fishing
- Largemouth and spotted bass combined daily limit is 6 six
Largemouth and Spotted bass must be 13 inches or longer to be kept.
- Smallmouth bass on Lake Ouachita upstream to the River Bluff access and the South Fork of the Ouachita River upstream to Hovel Branch must be released immediately.
- No fishing in the Jim Collins Net Pen area
- Legal to take game fish with spear guns during season.
Spearfishing season for game fish is open June 15- March 15 on
General State Limits.
- Alligator Gar 1
- Black Basses (including not more than four Smallmouth) 10
- Bream (over 4 inches length)
- 50 Catfish (exc. Bullhead)10
- Crappie 30
- Rock Bass 10
- Muskellunge 6
- Paddlefish 2
- Pickerel 6
- Sauger 6
- Saugeye 6
- Shovelnose Sturgeon No Limit
- Striped Bass or Hybrid (Combination) 6
- Trout (including not more than: 2 brown trout, 2 cutthroat trout, 2 brook trout) 5
- Walleye 6
- White Bass 25
SUMMARY FOR COMMITTEE ITEM 2016 Fishing Regulations Approvals
If you are 16 years or older, an Arkansas fishing license is required.