Buckville Church on the North Bank of Lake Ouachita.
The only original remaining building of the Pre-Lake Ouachita era.
Return to Buckville Campgrounds
White Plains Baptist Church disbanded in 1930. The Buckville Baptist
Church’s congregation chose not to allow its building to be demolished.
Members made plans in 1950 to move the structure to a nearby location at the
same time the church voted to discontinue services.
The summer of 1951 the Buckville Baptist Church
was moved from its original location, to a short distance from where it is
The Buckville Cemetery, located in the Avant vicinity, Garland County, Arkansas was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 27, 2007.
There is no documentation of when the cemetery first began to be used; however, Frank Housley's burial (1861) is the first marked burial.
In 1952, The Buckville Cemetery Association was given the deeds to three cemeteries moved by the U. S. Army Corps Engineers, those being New Cedar Glades, New Bradley and New Pittman cemeteries. From that time forward, the Association has owned the four cemeteries.
For additional information:
Buckville, Garland County Encyclopedia of Arkansas