The Buckville Church
Buckville Church on the North Bank of Lake Ouachita. The only original remaining building of the Pre-Lake Ouachita era.
The White Plains Baptist Church disbanded in 1930. The Buckville Baptist Church’s congregation chose not to allow its building to be demolished. Members made plans in 1950 to move the structure to a nearby location at the same time the church voted to discontinue services.
The summer of 1951 the Buckville Baptist Church was moved from its original location, to a short distance from where it is now.
The Buckville Cemetery, located in the Avant vicinity, Garland County, Arkansas was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 27, 2007.
There is no documentation of when the cemetery first began to be used; however, Frank Housley’s burial (1861) is the first marked burial.