The First organizational meeting of the Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Advisory Committee was held August 1st, 2006 in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
The purpose of the The purpose of the Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Committee is to
assist the Arkansas Game and fish commission improve overall management of the fisheries resources in Lake Ouachita
Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Plan Mission Statement:
Provide quality fishing opportunities for all sportfish species in Lake Ouachita through habitat improvement, fishery enhancement, and increased angler involvement and communication.
Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Plan
Up Date Meeting
Conduct fishery management through an
open public process that adapts to changing conditions and seizes new opportunities as they occur.
- Do you like to fish Lake Ouachita?
- Have you fished there and left happy / unhappy with your experience?
- Would you fish more often in Lake Ouachita if the fishing were improved in some way?
- Do you think there are to many Black Bass Tournaments on Lake Ouachita?
- If you would like to have a say in how the fisheries in Lake Ouachita are managed, here is your opportunity.
- The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission wants to hear from you.
Send Your Comments
to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
For More Information
AGFC fishery managers have completed the management plan for Lake Ouachita. The management plan resulted from the combination of input from the public
and scientific information that has been gathered from Lake Ouachita.
- Represent and provide perspectives of all anglers who fish Lake Ouachita and others who have and interest in Lake Ouachita fisheries resources.
- To assist in the in the completion of the Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Plan.
- To advise and assist with the implementation of the Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Plan.
- To provide information and perspective to help with needed modifications to the Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Plan.
Lake Ouachita Fisheries Management Advisory Committee 2006 - 2016
Lake Ouachita Citizen Advisory Group - LOCAG